Friday, March 19, 2010

Still no talking!

So I decided to be proactive and call the doc to see if it could be hearing related. I thought it could be a start. She checked her out and seemed to see nothing wrong there (thank goodness). After filling her in on the things Amelia isn't doing at 20 months, she thinks she may have a learning delay. But does she? After all, she only learns what I teach her, right? So if she can't point to body parts, and I haven't really covered those bases, wouldn't it be my fault? She also never has to ask me for things because I already anticipate the things she wants. I may be an enabler.

Nonetheless, I will follow through with Tripler's Developmental Center. I want to know from a professional what I need to do to get her on track. She is a smart cookie, she is developing completing normal aside from the lack of verbal communication. We'll get there soon enough, I'm sure.

No comments: